28th February - 4th March 2013
Mbira and song in the heart of Scotland
Mast mbira player Chartwell Dutiro returns for the 7th year running to the cosy Wester Caputh Hostel (www.westcaputh.co.uk) near Dunkeld, Perthshire, with delicious catering including Zimbabwean food.
Whether you are a total beginner and want to learn mbira, or already play and want the opportunity to play with others and learn more, this weekend offers the chance to:
- learn mbira melodies and songs, Shona culture and Zimbabwe traditions
- Hosho (shaker) patterns and rhythms
- Participate in relaxed evening sessions in a warm comfortable atmosphere
- Enjoy delicious home cooking with all meals provided
- Stay in a charming hostel by the River Tay, close to Dunkeld
The event costs £240 and includes tuition, accommodation and all meals from Thursday evening until Monday morning.
Bookings: Please send deposits of £120 (or full amounts), made payable to;
43 Tudor Road